well! As indian indipedence day is getting near ,i had decided to write a post on Interesting Facts about India to Make you Feel Proud to be an Indian.
“We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.”-Albert Einstein
- India is the world’s largest, oldest, continuous civilization.
- India invented the number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
- There are 300,000 active mosques in India , more than in any other country, including the Muslim world.
- Sanskrit is the mother of all the European Languages . Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software – a report in Forbes magzine July 1987.
- Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented in India.
- India is one of the few countries in the world, which gain independence without violence.
- India has the second largest pool of Scientist and Engineers in the World.
- India is the largest English speaking nation in the world.
- India is the only country other than US and Japan, to have built a super computer indeigenously.
- India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world
- The largest employer in the world is the Indian Railways , employing over a million people
- India was one of the richest countries till the time of British rule in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus, attracted by India’s wealth, had come looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
- The Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupathi built in the 10th century, is the world’s largest religious pilgrimage destination. Larger than either Rome or Mecca, an average of 30,000 visitors donate $6 million (US) to the temple everyday.
- Varanasi, also known as Benaras, was called “the Ancient City” when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C., and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
- Martial Arts were first created in India, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
- Yoga has its origins in India and has existed for over 5,000 years
I AM PROUD TO BE INDIAN.