Acne is a broad term which includes blemishes, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Acne can strike at any age.
Effective acne treatments are sometimes difficult to find, and understanding acne and prevention can be frustrating.
Here are some acne treatment tipsthat have worked for many.
So is there a cure for acne?
Well yes and no.
- There are many products available and for some they are a cure, for others they do not help. A cure is only a cure when you find a product that works for you.
- If you have serious acne it is best to consult a dermatologist. However in milder cases you will often be able to get it under control by yourself just by preservering. Try these tips to conquer your acne.
- Regular exercise helps keep your whole body in shape.
- It builds your immune system and helps eliminate toxins from the body.
- It’s a great start to fighting acne.
- You need to eat at least 5 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables each day.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of nutrients that your body needs.
- They boost the immune system and are good antioxidants.
- They can work towards helping you get rid of the acne.
- Try to avoid refined sugars and fatty foods which have are not good for you or your skin.
- You also need to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to flush your system of toxins.
- Choose cosmetics that are water based and hypo-allergenic.
- Avoid oil free products, coal tar derivatives, and heavy creams.
- Make sure you wash your skin thoroughly every night to remove makeup residue.
- Hormones can play a role in acne flare ups and they can be used to reduce outbreaks.
- Your doctor may decide to use HRT to eliminate or reduce your acne outbreaks.
- You need to avoid harsh scrubbing of your face but you also need to thoroughly clean your skin nightly.
- Use a mild cleaning regime every night.
- Once or twice a week you should also use an exfoliator to gently remove damaged skin and unplug pores.
- Is actually a great exfoliating treatment the removes dead skin.
- However you should never shave an area that is infected or inflamed. Always use a shaving cream if your skin is sensitive.
- Can be a contributing factor to acne so try to relax and unwind.
- Emotions trigger chemical reactions in the body which can cause an outbreak.
You can help control your acne outbreaks by following these simple tips for acne treatment.